I have had so much fun in Grand Theft Auto V. I’m not sure if it’s the game, or the person I play it with or if it’s a mixture of the two. I decided I’d write a post of all the fun things the monkey and I get up to.
1. Boneyard – Survival Mode.
Survival mode is a fun way to rank up and earn money, well, it’s probably the only way to earn decent GTA dollars now that they’ve reduced the amount you can earn from races. I’m guessing Rockstar did this so you’re more tempted to buy GTA dollars for real money. The only thing that would make survival mode even more fun is if there were waves of zombies instead of people, but that’s probably just because I cannot get enough zombies.
2. Drunk parachuting.
Parachuting was already one of my favourite things to do, but the addition of in-game alcohol to this equation just made the experience that more awesome. Seriously, try it out if you haven’t already, it’s incredibly trippy!
3. The Panda and Monkey get drunk in a “pub”.
As there is no decent place to go and get drunk in GTA (except for your apartment, or the strip club and I’m a “lady” I don’t want to go to no strip club!), we use the convenience stores as pubs and then we usually commit several crimes afterward including robbery (Well, some of these places charge $5 for a beer, come on that’s extortionate!), general mischief and drunk driving. I blame the alcohol… and the monkey.
4. Surfin’ Bird? No, I’m pretty sure that’s a Surfin’ Panda.
I’ve only ever seen the submarine once in GTA V online, and well, I decided to surf on top of it. It’s pretty awesome in that you can stay stood up on it at top speed without flailing around and face-planting the water, and therefore you can actually surf the waves and get some air!
5. General admiration of graphics.
Whenever I play a game, I always pay particular attention to the graphics. Sometimes, I stare lovingly at them for quite a while. This reason alone is why I couldn’t complete Skyrim. Skyrim’s graphics were amazing, and I was forever just riding a horse watching the graphics change from day to night and back again. I also did the same in all of the Mass Effect games, staring into actual space, instead of the nothing-space I stare into when my brain is noisy.
Who doesn’t love explosions? Since GTA IV I’ve been creating blockades on the motorway with cars, only to have them blown up. Actually, it’s probably all I did in GTA IV because I got stuck on a mission and gave up. What isn’t fun though, is the consequence; 4 stars from the police for bad behaviour. Damn those police got clever, good job I have Lester (When he can be bothered to answer his phone).
7. Unique car customisation.
The Pegassi Infernus is amazing. It’s even more amazing if you customise it as an off-road car, and then take it to the mountain area of the map and find jump spots. It will get some amazing air, seriously, this converted off-road car can climb trees, and it can also fly! I’ve probably spent hours just driving it up and off mountains.
8. Racing the cars I’ve bought and customised but not before beeping unnecessarily before the race starts.
I have many awesome cars now, but my favourite is the pictured Entity XF, even though I own an Adder. I just prefer the handling of it, and also, I had this car for my birthday! It’s awesome to fully customise a car and then race it.
If I want to race my car, I always buy a custom horn, just so I can take part in the crazy beeping ceremony that starts before every race.
Finally:- The things I’d love to see in GTA V.
1. Theres a giant casino on the map, I’d love to be able to go in there and play mini games and sit at the bar. I’ve heard rumours about a casino DLC, but none are confirmed.
2. More fleshed out buildings - It’s a shame that the club from single player is not available in multiplayer, I don’t understand why this is. I can imagine it being really fun if you run into other players in the club, and end up having a bar brawl!
3. Heists - Where are the heists we were promised?
4. Apartment customisation - All the apartments are designed for men. I’m a girl, my characters a girl, therefore I want a girls apartment. Well actually I’d like a house like Franklin’s in the campaign, with my own pool.
At least let me change the decor in the apartment I currently own and let me put the milk away, seriously, I’ve had my apartment for weeks now and the milk is still sitting out, that just bothers me.
5. More ways to earn decent GTA dollars - Why did they reduce the amount you earn from racing? The only way to get significant money now is to do survival mode over and over. All the in-game items worth buying are super expensive, it’s not fair to suggest that we should be paying more real money into the game rather than earning it. I want to earn it.